Friday, July 30, 2010

Family

"Family need not be defined merely as those with whom they share blood but for those for whom they would give their blood.”--from Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens

I have been trying to come up with something to commemorate the 1st anniversary of my Dad passing away. It is something I've thought about constantly all year. Did this really happen? When is he going to walk out of his room? Why can't I hear the cane tapping on the floor? Why are the days flying by? And yesterday marked the first year of my life without him by my side. Easy? NO! Long year? YES, but it flew by...go figure.

Having shared some with others, a lot of us are reaching this point in our lives where people leave and we are caring for loved ones. Right now I'm cherishing this time because it will be over soon and then what? No one?? Not looking forward to that at all.

Anyway, love those you love and tell them so. Lift them up and support them. We only get one chance in this go-round and we may as well make the most of it.

Daddy, I miss you more than I could ever have imagined. But, I still talk to you all the time. We're taking care of Mom, but you know what a tough bird she can be!! LOL Love you and please keep us in your loving, strong arms. Protect us from all harm. And rest in peace forever in the peace that you were seeking. Maybe now you'll realize how wonderful and great man you were on this Earth. Love, your 1st baby girl, me!!

No comments: